Container Scams Increasing
Customers are being promised shipping containers only to find out it was a scam and they have lost thousands of dollars. With the current shortage, container scams are increasing.
What’s happening? Someone is posing as an actual container company will sell you a container and ask for payment upfront. Once they receive your money they will disappear and you will never receive your container nor your money back.
They will go as far as to answer all your questions and even send you an invoice.
How do you avoid a scam?
- Ask to see the container first. Don’t fully rely on this option, however, as they can get pictures off the internet.
- Be cautious of low pricing. Remember the saying, sounds too good to be true?
- Do not send funds via third-party apps.
- Search the company online and confirm the address and phone number of the person you have been talking to. Take it a step forward and call the number on their website and ask if the salesperson works there.
- Physically verify in person that the company is legitimate and the salesperson exists.
- Do your due diligence.
With container scams increasing, please reach out if you have concerns or questions!
You may click one of the buttons below to leave a review for us on Google or Facebook:
View a map of our service area or sign-up for our Monthly Newsletter!
In Case You Missed IT:
Taking Care of Your Container • Container Specials • Container Door Upkeep